RN-XV Wifly XBee (RN-171 XV, Wire antenna)
RN-XV XBEE The RN-171-XV is a 802.11 b/g solution especially designed for designers who want to migrate their existing 802.15.4 architecture to a more standard TCP/IP-based platform without redesigning their existing hardware.
Based on a pseudo standard footprint often found in embedded applications, the Roving Networks’ RN-171-XV module provides Wi-Fi connectivity using 802.11 b/g standards in legacy and existing designs that may have been based upon the 802.15.4 standard.
The RN-171-XV module is based on Roving Networks' robust RN-171 Wi-Fi module and incorporates an 802.11 b/g radio, a 32-bit SPARC processor, a TCP/IP stack, a real-time clock, a crypto accelerator, power management unit, and an analog sensor interface.
The module offers additional functionality through its on- board programmable GPIO pins (10) and ADCs (8). The ADCs provide 14-bit resolution while the GPIOs can be configured to provide standard functionality or status signaling to a host microcontroller, reducing the need for serial polling between the Wi-Fi module and host microcontroller.
The module is pre-loaded with firmware to simplify integration and minimize applications development time. In the simplest configuration, the hardware only requires four connections (PWR, TX, RX, and GND) to create a wireless data connection.
• Drop-in Wi-Fi solution for existing systems that currently use 802.15.4 modules
• Based on Roving Networks’ robust RN-171 Wi-Fi module
• Based on a pseudo-standard footprint
• On-board TCP/IP stack provides Internet access to every node
• No custom profiles needed
• Ultra-low power: 4-uA sleep, 40-mA Rx, 180-mA Tx at 10 dBm
• Configurable transmit power: 0 to +12 dBm
• Hardware interface: TTL UART
• Data rate: 464 Kbps using hardware flow control
• Through-hole board simplifies system integration
• 8 general purpose digital I/O pins
• 3 analog sensor interfaces
• Real-time clock for wakeup and time stamping
• Complete TCP/IP networking stack
• Wi-Fi Alliance certified for WEP, WPA, and WPA2-PSK
• WPS mode for easy configuration
• FCC/CE/ICS certified and RoHS compliant
• Industrial metering
• HVAC control
• Room temperature sensors
• Pump configuration and control
• PV/solar controllers
- Product page at MicroChip
- Arduino Wifly Driver
- Tutorial on Arduino (based on another breakout, but beside connections all the rest is useful)