M5stack Grove U028 - MLX90614 NCIR Remote Infrared Temperature Sensor Unit
NCIR featured with built-in infrared MLX90614 sensor, It can be used to measure the surface temperature of a human body or other object.
Unlike most temperature sensors, this sensor measures infrared light bouncing off of remote objects so it can sense temperature without having to touch them physically.
Simply point the sensor towards what you want to measure and it will detect the temperature by absorbing IR waves emitted. Because it doesn't have to touch the object it's measuring, it can sense a wider range of temperatures than most digital sensors! It takes the measurement over an 90-degree field of view so it can be handy for determining the average temperature of an area.
The MLX90614 is factory calibrated
- Operating voltage: 4.5 to 5.5V
- Measuring object temperature range: -70°C ~ 380°C
- Measuring ambient temperature range: -40 to 125 ˚C
- Measurement accuracy at room temperature: ±0.5°C
- Field of view: 90°
- Software Development Platform: Arduino, UIFlow (Blockly, Python)
- Two Lego-compatible holes
- 1x NCIR Unit
- 1x Grove Cable
- Body Temperature Measurement
- Object (biological) Motion Detection